The Date: Tuesday 11th January 2011
My Date: Dad, post movie (The King’s Speech – such an amazing film about friendship and trust. A must-see and surely an Oscar-winner for Colin Firth).
We Ate: three ‘inizi’ to share, a pizza and a pasta.
• Fiori di zucchina con mozzarella e alici (Zucchini flowers filled with anchovies and buffalo mozzarella)
• Carpaccio di ricciola con insalata mediterranea (King fish carpaccio with cherry tomato, red onion, celery and black olive salad)
• Crocchette di patate con prosciutto e formaggio (Potato, prosciutto and mozzarella croquette)
• Tagliolini allo zafferano con vongole e pachino (Saffron tagliolini pasta with vongole and cherry tomatoes)
• Enopizza (Stuffed crust with provola cheese and ham, finished with cherry tomato, buffalo mozzarella, olive oil, rocket, shaved parmesan and prosciutto)
We Drank: a couple of Nastro Azurro’s and a Tuscan Sangiovese – recommended by our waiter as “molto molto bene”, which it was!
Cost: inizi from $7-$17, mains from $24-$32, pizza from $20-$25, wine from $38
Loved: the paper menu placemats (it’s so nice to be able to refer back throughout the meal), the service (they made excellent recommendations and called me “bella” – what’s not to love?!), the Crocchettes (rich, creamy and perfectly cheesy).
Loathed: the toilets – so far away!
The Final Word: it’s dark and moody, but from the genuinely Italian waiters, to the traditional and more than just your average Italian menu, Enopizzeria delivers a stylish meal. It’s kid friendly, but in a way that doesn’t make those eating without children feel like they’re at the local daycare centre. The service is attentive, but not in your face and the food is simply delicious. Those on a first visit must try the house special, the Enopizza. As part of the new Neutral Bay foodie hub, I’ll happily recommend to others and certainly be coming back.
Enopizzeria – pizzeria & wine bar
Shop 5, 19 Grosvenor Street, Neutral Bay
Tuesday & Wednesday – 5pm till late
Thursday to Sunday – midday till late